The word counter is now displayed in the editor at all times. Previously a keyboard input was required in order for the word counter to appear.
Sometimes VPAID ads will include a script that overrides our video player’s settings, often removing the tool bar (volume, pause, etc.). We updated our player to force the tool bar at all times so users can have the option to mute or turn sound on an ad depending on the player environment.
We’re not confident in the tradeoff of page performance and user interaction with the gains from Search Interactions suggestion to load the boilerplate at the end of the article and render it at the top.
The lead image was missing on all SmartView versions of the article because these images were specified in the feed with a complex set of instruction. We simplified it for better ingestion.
Chartbeat uses the title tag to populate titles in their feed. Our SEO headline updates the title tag. When this is used, it means that edit/audience growth is seeing the SEO headline in Chartbeat and would prefer to see the original Kinja headline. Documentation here.
The time has finally come—we launched the new daily newsletter template across sites today. This does not impact the current workflow (automatically scheduled from Kinja), but does introduce the ability to edit all elements of the newsletter.
We’ve deployed an updated support portal and ticketing system, powered by Zendesk. This is a more robust and flexible solution that should improve both the self-service support user experience and the efficiency in which Kinja’s support team will receive and resolve support requests.
We have just released the ability to save and continue writing, and recover previously saved versions of a post.
We have just released a fix for an issue affecting Q&A posts, which prevented comments from rendering in Safari consistently and Chrome inconsistently.
It is now possible to create a post using an external url. This external post type can be distributed anywhere a standard or featured post appears (2nd slot, curation modules, stream, etc) but when clicked will route to the external url instead of the permalink.
 Sets the top margin of the Boilerplate on
Google is crawling old reframe urls and expecting them to have AMP templates, which they do not. So they 404.
Previous Name and URL: For Our Consideration; /c/for-our-consideration
earther.gizmodo.com > environmental/science