The ability to add a custom thumbnail directly from Kinja has been live since January 1, 2019. With our most recent release, we are now sending the image that is set in Kinja to be stored in MCP. This means the custom image will now be used when syndicating a video from MCP to YouTube or anywhere else.
- Add a video to the editor
- Click the video and in the video inset toolbar, click the image button.
- Choose a custom image to upload as the thumbnail
- Editor should reload the video with the new custom image
- MCP syndication will be triggered with updated data (syndication may take about 10 minutes or so, be patient)