- Type: The category of the image.
- Graphic: Used for any work from the Art Department that uses outside assets; i.e., is not fully illustrated
- Illustration: Used for any work by The Art Department or another illustrator that is fully self-generated.
- Image: Catch-all for anything not described elsewhere. Should be used rarely.
- Photo: Photograph taken by a person and not manipulated
- Screenshot: Screenshots should only be used if you’re reviewing or otherwise editorializing an old TV/movie/game. You must take the screenshot yourself. Do not get one off Google Images. Exceptions must go through your EIC before publishing. In most cases, if you’re indicating a screenshot, just the name of the show or movie is fine. e.g., “Screenshot: Full Frontal With Samantha Bee,” not “Screenshot: Full Frontal With Samantha Bee(YouTube).”
- Credit: Name of the person who took the photograph or crafted the illustration
- Source: Name of the image licensor or copyright owner or studio.
- Image is from AP or Getty, whether its been manipulated or not.Image created by our Art Department.Image falls under fair useImage is transformativeCommissioned Imagery
- Image has been insignificantly transformed and there is identified risk. (Excluding AP/Getty as above)Stock Photo that has not been manipulated If you have any doubts at all, consult with Alex Dickinson/Jim Cooke/Jimmy Hasse or contact legal if you’re not sure.