We released a new homepage at The AV Club with new layouts and editing functions.
This is a hand curated homepage. You can edit the homepage by using the editing interface which is a sticky toolbar. You can reach this by clicking on your avatar and selecting “Edit …’s homepage” from the menu.
We added an important new feature that allows you to edit the layout of the homepage. A.V. Club editors with homepage editing rights can edit the homepage by using the editing interface, accessible by clicking on your avatar and selecting “Edit …’s homepage” from the menu.
- You can add a new block at the top by clicking “Add block” in the top toolbar, or at the bottom by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking the “Add block” button there.
- When you’re in Edit Layout mode, and you have a block selected, you can click the “Settings” button in the toolbar for additional options:
- You can move the blocks up and down.
- You can delete blocks. (there’s an option to delete an article by dragging it to the toolbar)
- You can Undo/Redo your actions.
- You can Save the homepage. (if you hit the save button you save everything you changed since you started editing)
- You can drag and drop cards inside and between blocks.